Thursday, September 6, 2012

Self Confidence, Protection, and Worry

I have prided myself for being non-insecure and knowing exactly where I am right....obviously you don't have to be the best to have love self-confidence. And it is amazing how much more you can do, how much free-er you are when you aren't worried about yourself. Honestly I can't even remember what it is. Is it worrying about what others think of you? I can't remember. But it's amazing to get out of that trap and suddenly life's a little brighter and you're just so much more able.

Just because you're not insecure doesn't mean you have to be amazing. It's just being secure in who you are, not trying to be like others just because they're liked, I don't even know. It's just wonderful. What I did is I gauged myself...."how good am i at this?" and "how intelligent am i?" and "how much potential do I have?" and "what am i born with?" and then be satisfied with that because that is all you can be and it's useless to wish you had more talent so just be comfortable with what you have. There's people with more and there's people with less. Basically you're just getting over it, just do it. You were made like that, what can you do? And it's enough.

However, watching those who are better than you is depressing...and difficult, at least for me. Earlier I realized I was really having a problem with two people my age that seemed to be me just 1000x better....and it just hurt. I don't even know why I felt like it was such a problem but it was. And I seriously felt like a piece of crap compared to them. Partially because they saw me as below them but I'm really not.

And it was strange 'cause I haven't felt this way in forever and I can fix stuff like this pronto. I already can tell I'm getting over it, just by thinking about it....

I should be! Some people just are going to be better! It's just that it's them and my feelings of wanting to be good friends gets in the way probably, but I can turn that off. So I didn't know how to deal with it, because I really feel horrible when I see them be amazing. Which is like every day.

I know I'm better than them at a lot but they don't know that...oh yeesh. What is wrong with me??

I promise I'll fix this soon



I swear, my friends will be the death of me. They worry me to death...too much. Some things are specifically them other's its not exactly their fault it just worries me so much...and I'd cry if they ever got really hurt. I've been worrying too much about them lately.




Also, since when did being proud protect you? If anything it would make you a subject of scorn. Okay, if you can back the pride it's better but still. I don't see how it stops you frok getting hurt, if you're only acting proud so you don't get hurt. I understand being proud of something you did or are a part of can give you a big boost, and in a way give you self-confidence but people are going to still hurt you. Maybe it comes from the distancing yourself from everyone else, from pretending you are because you're better as an excuse so that you don't have to deal with them or feel bad about yourself.

That is so sad :( And not in that way. It just breaks my heart :(


Like when my friends clash. That probably is one of the worst things for me even if I can't do anything...




No comments:

Post a Comment