Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Randomness (i promise i'll post better)

There's a difference when someone says "I'm just picking on you." and "I'm just joking.". I was expecting a friend to say the second one and they said the first. I think it probably meant the same thing to them but I don't know. Joking means you weren't expressing anything to be made fun of. The first one means you're doing somethig noticeably wrong or off or badly and so is someone else, but they're calling you out for it as an example or something.

Never use alto mouthpieces on a tenor it sucks. I used a metal one, i believe it was a jazz one that was my friend's and i had to do the embouchure of a high C to play a low C and even then it was with horrid tone and so tight. I tried a normal black plastic one and it was at least a step and a half sharp all the time and the tone just killed...it sucked and the sound was atrocious. Bari moutchpieces work on tenor, but not with a reed that's cut in 5 places and missing a corner xD

I have my friend's mouthpiece. And that's all I have of him, unfortunately xD

A lot of people ditched school for the Giant's parade. It's Halloween, and my house is going to be scariest 'cause im practicing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment