Sunday, December 2, 2012

Who I Want and Want to Be

If someone were to ask me right now, "What are you looking for?" in the context of a person, or "What do you want?" I think I would know what to say.

I don't know how this came up but I did just watch NCIS and one of the characters said, "I want something permanent. Something that cannot be taken away from me or changed."

But anyways, what I would say.

I want someone who doesn't leaves things hanging. Someone who doesn't leave anything unfinished. Someone who will finish what they started - or what has been started. If you do something follow up and talk about it if it's necessary. Not someone that denies it ever happened. Not someone that'll just blow it off and "forget" about it. Someone that doesn't count on time to soften the blow. Someone that doesn't wait for time put another barrier up between them and it. Someone that when if there's an "interruption" to something will get back to it next time. Finish what they started. Someone who can answer every question they'll dare to ask you. Someone who knows themselves inside and out and can account for every single thing they're doing. Someone who knows what and why they do what they do and can account for the smallest things and explain their reasoning and judgement regardless of how irrational it may be. Someone who isn't afraid to dive in and ask the painful questions and the things we all want to let lie. Someone who isn't afraid of their past and who is real about their mistakes. Someone who isn't afraid of losing someone in light of their incapability to account for themselves and to be a character because then they wouldn't be worth it. The one asking the serious questions that everyone hates but in the end have the best character because of it. The one that isn't afraid of anything about themselves at all. Someone who even if beginning something was a mistake they'll make it right. Someone who'll right a wrong. Clear up a broken past, turn up some rocks, uncover what was past but not done. Someone with resolution that will change themselves and will know where they're going, why, how, and at what cost.

That rather is, who I want to be. And who I want. It started with who I wanted and I thought of more and more things to type and I realized that this is who I want myself to be. And I will find someone else just like that too. It's both, I suppose. If that's possible and makes sense. I'm not sure if it can.

Actually it can. There is so much room for personality and character and traits left in an individual. I think basically I was saying I want someone that's real about themselves. Who will finish what they started even if it hurt because defining yourself isn't easy and neither is protecting who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment