Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Good

I used a lacrosse stick for the first time today and I don't think I suck :) and I guess I'm actually decently fast at running! It's been good days, minus the homework and benchmarks and finals that are upon us. People have been really nice to me; that or I'm either just seeing from a new perspective or I'm being more appreciative xD

I think it's been a time where I realize I really don't suck at things. And I always knew, it's a blessing that with my family's genes I can be good and somewhat above average at anything and everything automatically. Like Yes as individuals we all have weaknesses but if we put our mind to it we could be the best in anything. And even just starting out something we're decent. I think I've done the opposite of taking it forgranted, rather, I compared myself in each field to someone spectacular mainly in that area, and of course there are so many people with 10x my ability. Like when someone would give me a compliment I'd instantly think "Ooh, no I suck! Really I'm horrible! (Insert caption specific to skill) there's so many people much better (give example)" and then they think "Well if you suck what do you think of me??" And I don't even think of it that way, ya know?

At the same time I'm taking on more than maybe I should. Maybe. I know my life revolves around music but I wanted to be well rounded so I told myself to take a sport: Lacrosse. And I'm doing five CMEA Solo and Ensemble Pieces....it's a thing where you prepare a piece and there are judges that give feedback and rate you and if you get the highest ones you move to state. It's just a good opportunity to perform and self-improve. Two solos (Violin and Tenor), one duet (Bach Double Concerto) accompanied by a friend too so maybe trio(? xD who knows), one string quartet, and a duet with another Tenor player.

I'm very honored to play with four of my school's best musicians. It's great. Nate, who's not even possible to comprehend on tenor, Daniel, who's amazing at music and playing piano, Ronnie, my concertmistress and this sick violinist, and Alicjia (I think that's how you spell it) on cello who has so much potential I wish I had the money so she could have private lessons! And I promise not to let them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment